Being a volunteer is a big asset to any non-profit organization. We rely heavily on the people who want to be involved in any area of the gardens. Whether you have talents in gardening, organizing, fundraising, teaching, or just lending a hand in any area that needs assistance, you are considered extremely valuable.
It is the best way to have an active involvement in the development and maintenance of our gardens. Not only can you commune with nature on a personal level, you can also meet new people in the process for a little camaraderie that may last a lifetime.
With your involvement, the beautiful gardens will continue growing into a wonderful destination for people within the community and those from the region. Even if you cannot actively get involved on a hands-on approach, spread the word to others you may know and you will have done a huge part as a volunteer. We could not succeed without your involvement on some level, so get your hands dirty and become a part of our transformation today!
- Programs/Events - Organize informative and fun horticultural programs
- Development - Work on fundraising, the capital campaign and grants
- Public Relations - Prepare and/or man information booths, public presentations, newsletters and more
- Membership - Encourage others to join NPBGS
- Office Help - Assist with mailings and correspondence
- Exhibits & Displays - Design and/or plant and maintain exhibit gardens around the area
- Construction/Maintenance - Design and/or build displays and exhibit garden signs
- Photography - Photograph NPBGS events and archive the photos
- Greenhouse - Propagate and nurture plants for display and demonstration
- Display Gardens - Assist in maintaining the current gardens with watering, weeding, and deadheading.
We also maintain the NRI Atrium (700 1st Ave S) in downtown Fargo and the interiorscaping at West Acres Shopping Center (3902 13th Ave So) in Fargo. If you are interested in volunteering your time to any of our projects or have questions, please contact us.